Friday, August 26, 2011

Travel/Marijuana guru Steves gives away $1 Million

Guess he didnt need a condo

"It's my hope to inspire other caring high-income people to step up and fill those funding gaps with private donations, to support causes that should be borne collectively by a community -- arts centers, parks, schools, libraries, local symphonies, and to speak out on the wisdom of rolling back the tax cuts for our wealthy.". "I see it as a civic duty for businessmen like me, who's directly benefited from our vibrant communities, to do our fair share," Steves said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with him. I give to the arts, parks, SCHOOLS, LIBRARIES, and hospitals for uncompansated care (Care for those who can't pay).

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz