Saturday, August 27, 2011

Anderson Cooper calls college "useless"

CNN talking head Anderson Cooper, a graduate of Yale, confirmed what I have always felt - the education part of college is useless, pointless hoop jumping. Here is the interview. Skip to around 11mins in

Was there a class in college I found useful in life ? No actually. Did anybody. I majored in Political Science which is basically majoring in reading the newspaper every day. I didnt learn any actual skill. Adults say college is the best 4 years of your life. If that is the best 4 years of my life just shoot me in the head. 

College, like "family" is one of those archaic fossils that really doesnt work in the 21 century. The lesson here is to skip college and the debt involved and just go do whatever it is you want to do. If you do it well you wont need the diploma.


No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz