Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A reason for the Season

I bought 2 pairs of these Ozark Trail (walmart brand) sandals for $12 a piece back in October of 2009. I am still wearing one pair as my primary foot accessory but it is in tatters. Apparently in Florida there is a "season" for sandals. As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 seasons in Florida and both of them involve sandals.  Further, if there were a "season" for sandals..wouldnt it be in the summer?

So I've been all over the State looking for a similar pair and not only can I not find anything remotely close to the quality but the price for crappy sandals at places like payless and kmart is ~$40. Even the internet is apparently sold out of strap sandals under 40 dollars.


Years ago, I learned the glory that is the walmart clothing lines when they came out with heavily quilted colorful tanktop and matching sports shorts that dont show a "bulge". Like with these sandals..I bought extra pairs as back ups..and it was not enough since they havnt sold anything near that quality since then. The lesson is - when you see something you know you like at walmart buy double the amount you think you'll need as they may never come again.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz