Tuesday, August 24, 2010

No Snitching ?

There is an attitude out there that says you shouldn't talk to the authorities. The bad guys and the good guys spread this message for a variety of reasons, but its foundation is found in a mistrust in government. My instinct says involving government in anything will make the problem worse more often than it will make it better. Never the less I keep following up with authorities as the regrets and what ifs from the times I didn't are a burden.

So today I drove out to the sheriffs office to follow up on the indecent yesterday at walmart. I was shocked to discover that not only was there no report filed about an incident but the sheriffs office couldn't even tell what deputy was working that day. Apparently hours for sheriffs deputies are between a deputy and his sergeant and not registered or recorded on the dept computer. Can you imagine running a business with 4000 employees and not having a record of who worked when ? Anyhoo I'm waiting for a follow up call from the Sergent, who I guess is trying to figure out why this deputy didnt file any paperwork. But time matters with crazy people and for all we know this child is a floating dead in a retention pond or whatever.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz