Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Child abuse at walmart follow up

So, being unable to just forget about it, I drove out to the Sheriff's dept headquarters looking for answers regarding this contracted walmart deputy and his missing report.


The district 1 headquarters didnt have any information on his deputy either so they sent me to his supervisors office, district 10. Unfortunately, deputy Hood is a "contract" deputy, and while district 10 does supervise his contract, he doesnt actually work there.  His supervisor who was suppose to follow up with me yesterday was "off duty" and would be off duty till Friday. So I spoke to the sergeant on duty who didnt know him and couldnt help because, even though district 10 supervises his contract, this Deputy hood is assigned to district 4. I had them call down to district 4 and they didnt know this guy either, but he was in their records as being a nighttime contract deputy who only worked at that walmart, and who was off duty till next week. They would not call him at his home for me but suggested I call the sheriff's hotline and have the dispatcher leave him a message. The sergeant from district 10 told me that would be a wasted of time since he wouldnt get that message till he went back on duty. I decided instead to drive out to the regional office of Florida Children and Family and seek advice from one of their investigators. At FCF I was directed to an unmarked door that turned out to be a hive of large offices and got an interview with a very nice but very professional/bureaucratic looking investigator who told me she couldnt help unless I first call the "child abuse hotline" and make a report. So I called the child abuse hotline and they told me they could not assign an investigator without more information like the name of the child and the parent. I told them that this deputy Hood had that information but I could not reach him because he was off duty and they told me they were not allowed to call out and ask this deputy for information, he had to call in. It was explained to me he would have called in if there was any abuse because he was a mandatory reporter. Since he didnt nothing happened. Right.....

So, roundup, all I wanted to know is if this deputy was going to follow up and it ballooned into a giant runaround that exposed how completely insane asking a simple question can be. I'm really more shocked by the truth of how broken the police system is more than concerned about the kids but either way this little girl is going to have to hold out at least till next week for a follow up.   

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz