Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tokimeki : What Japanese schoolgirls are playing

Every once in a while the videogame developers in America take a shot at bringing the female demographic. As far as I know these efforts have been less than successful. In Japan however, games aimed at girls are much more successful though I would argue in Japan the genders are not as divided as here in Ameica. Anyhoo. I came across this great forum post poking fun at popular girls game : Tokimeki. Its played on the hand held Nintendo DS and the goal is to woo highschool boyfriends by "touching" them in the right way with your stylus pen. And not just highschool boys but your teachers, principle and little brothers friends are fair game too..Ya. All 4 pages so far is a great read and I find I am aching to find who Balls Mahogany ends up kissing.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz