Monday, September 13, 2010

Standing outside the fire

Life is not tried it is merely survived if you are standing outside the fire. (sorry bout the video..it was the best sounding on youtube).

I just had a day that recognizes this.

/rant In my current spiritual beliefs, if we are the "body" I consider myself a "shoulder of god". Our "souls" are all a piece of a greater being. We are sent out to experience the world, record those experiences and return with memories that enrich the collective. While some are here in this world to physically help the world and some to educate the world shoulderman exist to endure it. Shoulderman are sponges for the world's pain. We juggle it until a "hand" hopefully comes along to clean it up. While any modern day "hero" might be the hand of god, a great archetype of a shoulderman is Jesus, who "shouldered" all the sins and suffering around him and then died quite horribly. As not every life has a happily ever after our virtue is compassion in the now but not necessarily resolution.   

Weird religious conclusion like these are the only way I can explain how I'm drawn into other peoples crappy situations. Tomorrow I'll add 3 stories from just one day in my life. Child surgery, Stroke, and Costco guy.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz