Monday, September 13, 2010

Dress for Success

Long have my parents pounded in the lessons of good appearance. I'd like to think that I've picked up many customs of cleanliness, as for example I often shower 2-3 times a day.  But I've never felt the need to "dress up". And in a broader context I've never understood people wearing suits to work..which I guess is a lost art. I was watching a ustream video of 2 highly credited video game developers and I gotta be honest it bugged me they looked like pissed off 14 years hanging out in their parents garage. They werent dressed crazy with piercing or whatever but they were very casual. Maybe I'm getting old but "proffessionals" - the people developing the next big thing - should not appear on "tv" in their slouch-around outfits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is brillant. You have become your parents.

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz