Saturday, November 30, 2013

What I'm Playing 11/30

Playing :

Xcom Enemy Within :: was on sale for Black Friday so I picked it up. The original game sat unplayed like all year on my desktop (got it for 5 bucks on sale a while ago)..I had heard they made it into a FPS but after watching some great lets play videos it clearly is a very fun game very much in line with the original 90s classic. 2K games did right by Xcom..thats not to say I forgive them for civ5 or the GTA series.

Sots The Pit Gold :: Another game bought on sale that sat on my desktop unplayed for the longest time. These developers epically blew their AAA debut but The Pit is a great little scifi rougelike. Its an "old school" game designed to do everything it can to defeat the player..there are 45 levels and I rarely make it past 10.

Pandora First contact :: Beta tested this game and wasnt going to buy it, but the Beta tester discount was too good to say no to. I love me cheap games. This is a beautiful "Civ in space" game that may be a real winner in the future if the devs fill in the empty but pretty shell the game is now with content.

Looking to Play ::

Hearthstone :: I've been watching a lot of lets plays for Blizzards card gambling game  "Hearthstone". Its an evil evil game that will make Blizzard lots of ill gotten gains 1 dollar at a time from their 10 million customers. I really want to hate it..but it looks fun. You can play without paying $$ and earn enough winnings to keep playing..god its evil. Blizzards stupid 15 different levels of security features on players account have been keeping me from using my account...hopefully customer service will be able to help me without a DNA test.

Watching : Downloaded Seasons 11,12,13 of South Park. Always a great laugh. downloaded the anime historical drama "Graveyard of the Fireflies", which is a really depressing movie about the firebombing of Japanese cities by the US in WW2 as seen through 2 homeless children. Cant seem to turn on the internet without tripping over stories about the US killing 100,000+  random civilian in some foreign county we have no business being in. Oh NO Japan has claimed some pissy 1 mile island in the pacific! Lets slaughter 100s of innocent families with FIRE so they die in the most horrible prolonged way imaginable!

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz