Monday, March 14, 2011

US Navy base in lost city of Atlantis

Natural disasters stir up all sorts of stories and folklore. After seeing the devastation in Japan, it is not so hard to beleive that an entire city could be wiped out by a Tsunami.  Here is a story about a potential location for the lost city of Atlantis, which some beleive was wiped out by a tsunami. When I was traveling in Spain I was reading a book that hypothesized Atlantis was a city on a landmass near the north pole, which, 12000 years ago was in a different location. Anyhoo I also read about the story that Atlantis was buried in a swamp in Spain, and being in Spain, I went to check this out. I was quite surprised to find a huge US Navy base at that very location. One wonders if this "navy base" is a front for an Area-51 type research station.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz