Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Republican Jesus

I think the greatest threat to America is the right wing christian extremists. This story about McCarthy-esk hearings examining Islam in America is brought about by a guy who cheered when Christians strapped bombs to things and killed innocent people. As important as I feel spiritual identity is to the make up of a person, and as much as I feel Christianity is the "easiest" point of entry at the moment to spirituality, I think we seriously need hearings on Christian extremists in America.


Also concerning me is actions by state governments all over America.


1) The battle in Wisconsin in over union rights right ? I dont think so. The union issue is a red herring. What concerns me in this bill, were I living in Wisconsin, would be the huge powers it gives the governor to appoint governent posts and no bid contracts.

2) Here in Tennessee, the legislature is looking at adopting its own currency. Thats after the legislature pasted a bill opting out of the federal heath care plan.

3) Down in Florida they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink in an effort to ban abortion. And proving he's the idiot we all knew he was, Rick Scott completed his vow to block light rail funding. Everything I've seen about both the small Miami rail system and the one proposed for the major northern cities seemed like a great idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to hear your feelings about spiritualism.
I thought you loved anything extreme.

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz