Monday, April 29, 2013

Comcast is a dishonest government monopoly

A cable company playing fast and loose? Shocking I know.

 I was paying 69$ but switched to the 99$ bundle for the phone cause cell coverage in my apt sucks."Somehow" I got put on a different package that costs $139. So I discovered Comcast had been over billing me for the last few month just today. I pay online and the bill they send me doesnt include the amount, just confirmation for the auto pay feature, so I only see the change on my bank statement. Anyhoo I call them up and ask them for an explanation and apparently they were giving me the wrong package. Fine..but they wont refund the money as the  money back satisfaction guarantee only applies within 30 days and only to new customers. In order to change me to a different package, regardless of the fact that I shouldnt be on this one to begin with, they have to take me off the "promotion" rate, which ends up costing me 20$ more money than my original package, even with fewer features.

I would LOVE to ditch these thieves but alas, Comcast has a government supported monopoly and are the only option for high speed internet in the area. Free market my ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are ya moving home? More choices...

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz