Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fishwall

I havnt literally 'been' to the beach in a while..this area's beaches just arnt very pleasant for walking or swimming. My hammock is better place to rest in the sun and look over the ocean. But today the temperature was in the 60s with no humidity - perfect conditions for a brief beach walk. I really miss being able to walk on the beach every day and sea something new like I did in Daytona. But I got a treat today..there was an incredibly huge run of "bait fish" swimming right in the surf..there were so many of them that when a wave lapped up on shore, another wave of pure fish -100s strong would crash on to the sand. It was the strangest thing to see -them fish must not be very bright...but what was even cooler was the sight off all the people getting up out of the chairs and working together to throw the fish back into the sea. It was really remarkable.

No comments:

Quotes

At a certain stage the realization strikes through that one must either live outside of society's bonds or die of absolute boredom. There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and the only other life is complete rejection of the rules. There is no longer room for the soldier of fortune or the gentleman adventurer who can live both within and outside of society. Today it is all or nothing. To save my own sanity I chose the nothing.

-James Bolivar DiGriz